October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Held every October, National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) is a collaborative effort between government and industry to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity and to ensure that all Americans have the resources they need to be safer and more secure online.
The Business & IT Security practice at AAFCPAs has published the following insights recently to outline the most common vulnerabilities and how to mitigate risks:
- IT Security Vulnerabilities Caused by Web Applications – Sure “there’s an App for that,” but is it secure?
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and Cyber Security – How does your HVAC system, smart fridge, or printer make you vulnerable?
- Configuration & Application Vulnerabilities in Cyber & IT Security – The most common vulnerabilities are poor configurations and outdated/unpatched systems or applications.
- Eye on Cyber: A Day in the Life of an Ethical Hacker – Learn about the covert tricks and techniques used by AAFCPAs’ Certified Ethical Hacker.
- Common Social Engineering Cyber Attacks and Prevention Strategies – The human component of cybersecurity is the weakest link.
- AAFCPAs’ Mr. Anderson Earns Certified Ethical Hacker Credential – Meet AAFCPAs’ “white hat” ethical security hacker and business continuity advisory.
- AAFCPAs Earns SOC for Cybersecurity Services Certificate – Report on your cybersecurity management programs to internal and external stakeholders with credibility.
AAFCPAs reminds clients that the best line of defense in protecting your organization from risks is to remain vigilant and understand your vulnerabilities. AAFCPAs’ Cyber Security & Technology Assessments help identify risks from the use of technology that could potentially cause information loss or financial or reputational harm to your organization.
To schedule a cyber-security assessment, or for specific advice on how to best protect your organization against cyber-attacks, please contact James Jumes at 774.512.4062, email@example.com; or your AAFCPAs Partner.