AAFCPAs Announces Promotions and Peer Nominated Awards
“Our people are our greatest asset! Therefore, AAFCPAs hires exceptional people at all levels, develops them faster and provides opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our culture ensures they feel a genuine sense of being cared about; and that care extends to how graciously we serve our clients, and communities.” said Carla McCall, CPA, CGMA, Managing Partner of AAFCPAs.
AAFCPAs (Westborough, Boston, Wellesley, and Waltham) happily announces the following promotions, peer nominated awards, and milestone anniversaries of our impressive team members.
AAFCPAs is pleased to announce the promotions of Ernest Carruthers, CPA, MST and Tyler Champagne, CPA, MSA to Tax Managers. Carruthers and Champagne have emerged as leaders in AAFCPAs’ Private Client Services practice providing proactive tax planning & compliance solutions to privately-held businesses and their owners & shareholders.
Ernest Caruthers (left) provides proactive tax planning & compliance solutions for high-net-worth individuals, families, and trusts. He engages AAFCPAs’ clients in discussions to identify evolving personal circumstances and goals and determines how these impact short and long-term strategic tax planning efforts. Prior to joining AAFCPAs, Ernie gained 8 years’ leadership experience as a Petty Officer Second Class in the U.S. Navy. Read more about Ernest Carruthers, CPA, MST>>
Tyler Champagne (right) provides proactive tax planning & compliance solutions for closely held businesses and their owners & shareholders in a variety of industries. He combines technical knowledge with proactive tax strategies and provides guidance to clients related to how business and personal decisions may impact their tax strategy. Tyler gained six years of public accounting experience prior to joining the AAFCPAs family in 2019. Read more about Tyler Champagne, CPA, MSA>>
Peer Nominated Awards
AAFCPAs’ annual, peer-nominated Team Spirit and Excellence in Client Service awards recognize and reward team members who continuously make an exceptional effort and exemplify the firm’s core values. These awards are voted on annually by our 240+ person team and bring a generous cash gift and recognition in a company-wide ceremony.
The Team Spirit Award is given to the team member who best exemplifies the firm’s core value of teamwork. The 2020 award goes to Brittany Adriko, Senior Project Specialist. Brittany is recognized by her team for executing efficiently on client projects. She always brings great ideas to the table.
The Client Service Excellence awards are given to those team members who best exemplify the firm’s core value of client service. This year’s awards go to:
- Laurie Schneider, Client Service Associate – Laurie’s positive attitude is infectious, and her support providing internal client service helps ensure we continue to meet our high standards of service excellence.
- Brittany Besler, MBA, CPA, Esq., Tax Consulting Attorney – Brittany’s enthusiasm and unique perspective on the intersection of tax and law is captivating. She has an exceptional ability to articulate complex issues in a manner that is easy to understand. She is an invaluable resource on AAFCPAs’ COVID-19 Task Force, as she eagerly digests emerging stimulus legislation.
- Tracy LeMaire, CPA, MBA, Manager– Tracy has emerged as a leader in AAFCPAs’ Commercial Assurance Practice. She continues to make significant contributions to the firm, her clients, the accounting profession, the community, and in the development of women as leaders.
- Richard O’Neil, CPA, Manager– Rich leads high-energy teams in the execution of financial statement assurance engagements for commercial businesses and sophisticated nonprofit organizations. He is execution and logic-driven with a strong ability to improve processes and maximize efficiency.
- Kaite Noll, Supervisor– Kaite is a go-getter who has set her own pace for promotion! She is quality-driven, with a goal of making a difference in her community with her work.
Annually, we recognize and thank our dedicated team members for their contributions and celebrate their milestone anniversaries:
5 Years: Christina Babcock, Denis Beaulieu, Ted Byron, Allison Cree, Ann Davidson, Dave Eidle, Anna Kovaleva, Steve Lanza, Robyn Leet, Jen L’Heureux, Kasey Moran, Carolyn Pisani, Donna Richer, Phyllis Roy, and Sandy Tarasiak.
10 Years: Caitlin Harvey, Tracy LeMaire, Nichole Reilly
20 Years: Kathy Blanchard
40 Years: Robin Kelley
The members of AAFCPAs are united by a common desire to make a difference with their work. Each day, we give 110% effort because we see and experience how it positively impacts clients, people, communities, and the world. It is enhanced by the feeling of connectivity to 50 years of success that further inspires AAFCPAs to uniquely care and contribute our whole selves to our daily work and endeavors. Learn more about AAFCPAs’ unique culture.>>