Audit, Tax & Consulting for Community Health Centers
AAFCPAs has provided exceptional-value solutions to Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) since our founding in 1973. Our depth of experience in the Healthcare and CHC industries is unmatched by our peers and allows us to offer proven and valuable solutions to help you meet your business goals, including: adapting to the changing regulatory environment to ensure compliance with federal and state guidelines, and capitalizing on emerging opportunities to reduce costs, streamline efficiency, and achieve more coordinated and integrated forms of healthcare delivery.
In addition to best value assurance, and tax expertise, AAFCPAs provides advisory solutions for CHCs, including:
- Review of current medical, behavioral health, and dental fee structures to determine adequacy of rates charged and make recommendations to management as to setting rates
- Assist in calculating medical rates based on the HRSA PIN (Policy Information Notice 2014 -02 titled “Sliding Fee Discount and Related Billing and Collection Program Requirements”). The PIN clarifies many aspects of the sliding fee discount program, including: development of the health center’s fee schedule and sliding fee discount schedule; use of multiple sliding fee discount schedules; discharge of patients due to refusal to pay; role of the governing board in establishing and approving the sliding fee discount program and others.
- Revenue Cycle Operations Review – Review of health centers third party billing and reimbursement procedures and internal control systems (such as insurance verification process, authorization & re-authorization process, timing of billing and collection follow-up) and make recommendations that will maximize reimbursement and reduce write offs & denials.
- Review behavioral health services currently provided by health centers and make recommendations as to integration with medical services in light of alternative payment methodologies (value based reimbursement) being established as a result of health care reform.
- Reporting systems to monitor risk-based plans to ensure all related amounts are tracked and reported properly in the financials
- Cost report preparation and training
- Strategic growth plans and evaluation of new care models and ventures
- 340B Pharmacy Program Audits and Consulting
- Managed Accounting Solutions: Right-size, outsourced accounting solutions, from cloud-based accounting to high level CFO oversight oversight
- Robotic Process Automation solutions to eliminate tedious, repetitive tasks and free up knowledge workers to spend time on higher value work like strategic planning
- Data Analytics & Data Visualization solutions to extract, inspect, cleanse, and model data in order to discover meaningful information that supports better decision making
- HIPAA Compliance Attestations to assure data security
- Long-term capital and infrastructure planning, including consulting on financing options, such as New Markets Tax Credits
- Investment guidance & financial peace of mind for both the life you have and the life you envision.
- Technical Accounting Advisory: Implementation of new accounting standards, assistance with complex operational and financial transactions, audit preparation
- Comprehensive financial training for boards of directors, management and personnel
What our clients say
“I have worked with AAFCPAs for over 7 years as the Sr. VP of Finance and Administration of Dimock Community Health Center. What I like about AAF as a firm is they conduct a thorough audit and really review the accounting detail to ensure that our financials are presented accurately. They also compare our organization against similar organizations highlighting potential areas for review and improvement. On an ongoing basis, their audit team is quick to respond to issues that occur throughout the year. I always feel like I have access to the Partner on our job for advice at any time. It is this type of commitment to service and detail that keeps Dimock as a client year after year.”
Dimock Community Health Center | Peter Gerondeau, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer