Jack Finning, CPA, CGMA
Jack provides assurance, tax and business advisory services for a variety of closely-held businesses, as well as sophisticated, nonprofit organizations.
Jack’s broad commercial industry experience includes: manufacturing, distribution, high tech & software, green tech & clean tech, life sciences, construction, and physicians. He specializes in business exit strategy planning for owners of private companies. This includes guidance on exit options, developing an optimal exit strategy plan, analysis and advice on tax implications and costs, due diligence, transaction structure analysis, employee compensation programs, and post-transaction integration.
Jack’s nonprofit client experience includes: multi-service, human & social services providers, community health centers, associations, and foundations. He understands the nuances of nonprofits, and provides guidance on: government auditing standards, funding source compliance, various tax credit programs, endowment/reserve fund best practices, cost allocation methodologies, achieving internal control objectives, and right-sizing the finance function. He shares best practices, and helps to solve difficult business challenges. Additionally, Jack oversees many of AAFCPAs’ employee benefit plan audits.
Jack has been serving AAFCPAs’ clients since 1981.
- Boston College – Bachelor of Science, Accounting, summa cum laude, Reverend Lyons Award for Excellence in Accounting
- American Institute of CPAs – Member of Public Service Awards Committee, Former Chair of Life and Disability Insurance Trust, Former member of Governing Council
- Massachusetts Society of CPAs – Past President & current Member of Finance & Legislative Committees
- Exit Planning Exchange (XPX Boston) – Former Member of the Board of Directors
- Nichols College – Member of Board of Advisors
- Old Colony Hospice – Member of the Board of Directors and Finance Committee
- D.A.R.E. Massachusetts – Past Treasurer and member of the Board of Directors
- Easton Lions Club – Past-President and member of the Board of Directors
- University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth – Member of the Advisory Board to the Charlton School of Business